Action speaks louder than words. Therefore, you should grab an opportunity to apply for the International Postgraduate Tuition Awards (IPTA) program at UOW and start building your future bright
The purpose of this application scheme is to support talented students who want to complete doctoral degrees and masters of Philosophy at the University of Wollongong.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
The University of Wollongong is a public research university that holds a good academic reputation worldwide. It operates five faculties. The university offers 44 degrees that are internationally accredited from over 10 industry sectors.
Why study at the University of Wollongong? The university has research and teaching facilities along with conference facilities, student residences, a library, gymnasium, retail outlets, indoor sports centers and several others for a complete experience.
- University or Organization: University of Wollongong
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral degree and Masters of Philosophy
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate Research program are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply for an IPTA, a student must:
- Be an international student undertaking a doctoral or MPhil degree at UOW
- Meet international student visa requirements as specified by the DIBP
- Not be receiving a scholarship under any other scheme for which course tuition is a component.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for doctoral degrees and Masters of Philosophy through the application form of the University of Wollongong.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Up to two page statement detailing the impact of COVID19 on your progress and how you have worked to mitigate the impact;
- Copy of your Contingency Plan and/or your APR from 2020; and
- Supporting statement from your Principal Supervisor.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: To gain entry to UOW, you must demonstrate that you meet the UOW English language requirements for your chosen course.
The stipend scholarships program provide HDR students with a living allowance and can be awarded to both domestic and international students. Stipend scholarships fall under the following categories:
- RTP stipends are funded by the Australian Government.
- UOW funds UPA Stipends
- Matching Stipends are jointly funded by UOW and external partners
- External Stipends are fully funded by industry or other external sources.
- Stipend opportunities are awarded at the base stipend rate, specified in the CSGR for that year.
- Stipend opportunities are awarded for a duration of up to 3.5 EFTSL for doctoral students and 2
- EFTSL for MPhil students.
- The stipend for full-time scholarships is non-taxable, while the stipend for part-time students is taxable. The stipend rate paid reflects the enrolment status (full or part time) of the student.
- Full-time stipend scholarship holders may undertake external work but it should not exceed eight
- Hours a week during business hours, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Note that there are no restrictions on external working arrangements for part-time stipend
- Scholarship holders or for RTP Fee Offset holders.