Position Title: Social Media Manager & Content Creator
Location: Virtual, remote for the most part, prefer US west coast
Overtime Status: Exempt
Depending on experience and location, $55,000 – $65,000 is the estimated range.
One Earth currently provides a generous benefits package, including medical and dental insurance with premiums covered at 90%, life insurance covered at 100%, vision, disability, accident, legal, hospitalization, and critical illness coverage, a health advocacy service, a financial wellness benefit, health, and dependent care FSAs, and an Employee Assistance Program. Employees are also eligible for a retirement benefit with an employer contribution of up to 9% of salary, 20 vacation days, eleven paid holidays, seven paid sick days, and three personal days.
About One Earth
One Earth is a nonprofit organization working to accelerate collective action to solve the climate crisis through groundbreaking science, inspiring media, and an innovative approach to scaling climate philanthropy. The solutions for the climate crisis already exist, and the latest science, spearheaded by One Earth, shows we can achieve the 1.5C limit through three pillars of action a shift to 100% renewable energy, protection and restoration of half of the world’s lands and oceans, and a transition to regenerative agriculture. Our mission is to galvanize philanthropists at all levels to join the fight for our future by mobilizing significant resources for frontline leaders and organizations directly implementing these critical climate change solutions in every bioregion around the world.
- Engagment Coordinator at Creative Circle
- Project Services Account Manager at Hotel Engine
- Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager at Formstack
- Software QA Engineer at Paymentology
- Executive Assistant at Urban Initiatives
Diversity & Inclusion
Central to One Earth’s mission is a recognition of the value of diversity. One Earth is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are all encouraged to apply.
We’re hiring a Social Media Manager & Content Creator for One Earth’s Media & Communication Program. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating and managing OE’s social media channels, content, and strategy, with a particular focus on TikTok. This includes creating and publishing engaging and educational content and developing engagement/growth strategies for all of OE’s social media accounts (TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest). The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for some web publishing, including creating and editing website content as needed.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase One Earth’s visibility and engagement on our social media platforms, with a particular focus on rapidly growing our TikTok channel
- Create and publish engaging, educational, and shareable content on a regular basis across all social media channels
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages and consistently engage with followers on all social media accounts
- Collaborate with team members to plan content and maintain an up-to-date content calendar
- Use social media channels to look for opportunities and build 1:1 relationships with collaborators, such as influencers and like-minded organizations
- Analyze and report on the performance of social media campaigns and make recommendations for improvement and optimization
- Assist with web publishing, including creating and editing website content as needed
- Stay up-to-date with current social media trends, best practices, and climate-related news
Priority Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Proven experience in a social media manager and/or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging TikTok video content – comfortable being in front of the camera as a face’ of the One Earth brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast-paced environment with concurrent and competing deadlines
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with remote team members
- Proficiency in social media management tools (e.g., Sprout Social)
- Familiarity with Canva and Adobe Express
- Experience managing influencer partnerships
- Passion for environmental issues, nature conservation, and climate change
- English fluency; working proficiency in Spanish (desirable)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom or other virtual meeting platforms, and project management software (especially Coda) a plus
- Model reliability, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Mission-driven professionalism, adaptability, and flexibility
- Excellent fit with One Earth’s ethos and approach, including shared team values of being collaborative, curious, respectful, equitable, and relevant
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views, and approaches to issues relevant to OE allies and partners everywhere
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, very collegial demeanor, and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively and professionally with diverse partners