Senior Strategy Editor, Forbes Vetted
Location: United States
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced commerce editor to join the Forbes Vetted content strategy team.
This is a highly strategic role that will play a key part in maintaining the success of our evergreen shopping guides and product reviews and optimizing the Forbes Vetted content library. Working closely with editorial staff across all Forbes Vetted categories, you will be responsible for identifying new and impactful coverage areas as well as tracking and analyzing the performance of that content. You will manage a small team of updates editors and writers, guiding them to produce revenue-optimized and reporterly content updates and directly editing their work; you may occasionally write updates or other strategic content yourself. You’ll also guide collaborative work with the Forbes Vetted content strategists (who report to the Forbes.com SEO lead) and the Data, Product, and Revenue team. This role will report to the Forbes Vetted executive strategy editor.
- Senior Software Engineer, Android at Babylist
- Software Engineer, Data Warehouse at Reddit
- Legal Operations Manager at Reddit
- Data Entry Associate at ExamWorks
- Marketing Operations Manager at Mavan Group Inc
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly managing a small team of updates editors and writers, leading them to produce high-quality and highly strategic commerce content
- Editing your team’s work and offering suggestions for further strategic optimization, plus occasionally writing similar content as needed
- Leading nuanced, SEO-focused content planning for Forbes Vetted with support from SEO content strategists, plus identifying new coverage opportunities across editorial sections
- Making data-informed recommendations for optimizing new and existing stories for search traffic and affiliate revenue
- Collaborating with the updates, data and SEO teams to refine performance reporting across content
- Maintaining documentation for evergreen content analysis
- Working with the deals editor to plan content for sales events (like Memorial Day, Labor Day and Black Friday through Cyber Monday) and participating in some holiday weekend coverage
The ideal candidate:
- Is an experienced editor with top-notch writing, editing and reporting skills, preferably in the product recommendation space or one of Forbes Vetted’s key coverage areas (mattress, home and kitchen, fashion, beauty, travel, outdoor gear, kid’s gear, deals)
- Has an expert-level grasp of commerce content strategy and KPIs, plus SEO best practices for lifestyle and shopping content
- Has experience as a people manager with a proven track record of success in leading remote staff members
- Can guide staff to create top-quality work, and coach them to improve when necessary
- Loves digging into data and has deep experience with SEO and data tools including SEMrush, Ahrefs and Looker
- Demonstrates great organizational skills and attention to detail; experience with project management tactics and tools a huge plus
- Is a superb communicator who’s able to manage the flow of information up, down and across the team this is a highly collaborative role
The annual base salary range for this role is $85,000 – $100,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice