The Japanese Government in collaboration with Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is offering Scholarship for Foreign Students who wish to enrol for Master’s or Doctoral degree program commencing for 2023 -2024 academic session.
This scholarship is open to foreign students who study or plan to study in a Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree. Applications can be submitted from abroad if applicants are accepted to a Japanese graduate school.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Host Institution(s): Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s or Doctoral degree
Nationality: International Students
Also Apply: Ball State International Achievement Scholarships, USA
Scholarship for Foreign Students by Japanese Government | DETAILS
The scholarship will be provided monthly throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on differs based on the period as below:
¥210,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
¥190,000 per month for 3 years degree
¥160,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years of degree
All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
To be eligible for Scholarship for Foreign Students by Japanese Government, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- Applicants enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30 (No exception)
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member
- The student must be able to carry a basic conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception)
- The student must be enrolled as of September or October 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from September or October 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in September or October 2023. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in spring 2024 should apply for the 2024 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2023 (scheduled).
You May Also Like: Rockford University Regent Awards for International Students in UK
How-to-Apply: Applicants should enter the “Online application system” and then complete all the necessary information. Upload the required digital files and documents as followings. “Online application system” https://entry.hisf.or.jp.
When you have completed the application procedure, an application number will be issued. The application numbers of the successful students will be announced on our website, so please make sure to save the number you received.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- Al-Maktoum College Living Support Bursary at University of Dundee 2023
- Top Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2023
- DAAD Leadership for Africa scholarship for Masters Study in Germany 2023
- Editor – Literature Study Guides at SuperSummary
- Multimedia Editor at ETF.com