Title: Project Services Account Manager
Location: Denver, CO / Remote
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please read on!
As a Hotel Engine Project Services Account Manager, you’ll be the main point of contact for our project and group-based clients! You’ll be building relationships, understanding, and collaborating with our sourcing and support teams to drive an excellent experience for our customers with their booking requests as they come. In this role, you will be the liaison between the client and hotel suppliers for the analysis and fulfillment of business needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and executing initiatives to improve the team’s production and efficiency. If you thrive in a fast-paced, performance-based environment and enjoy having ownership of your work & communicating professionally – this role is for you!
- Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager at Formstack
- Software QA Engineer at Paymentology
- Executive Assistant at Urban Initiatives
- Online Tutor at BookNook
- Market Research Specialist at Brilliant.org
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to new and existing clients
- Organize, manage and facilitate clients’ day-to-day requests
- Facilitate onboarding processes and procedures for new clients
- Work closely with suppliers in negotiating rates and services on behalf of our clients
- Manage and delegate new group booking requests
- Proactively work to prevent issues & resolve them efficiently as they arise
- Advocate for your clients through all situations
- Learn and implement new software to support the team through rapid scale
- Accurately update and manage our internal database and CRM (Salesforce)
- Consistently meet or exceed KPI requirements
- Occasional nights and weekend work may be required to support the client
- Available for travel (up to 10%)
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- The desire to win! We’re building a championship team and need each member of the team to focus on what winning looks like every single day
- This role is performance based, the ability to identify additional opportunities to drive revenue is critical
- 3+ years’ experience in an operational, detail-oriented account management role
- Account/external client management experience is preferred
- Experience in hotel sales, event coordination or front-office management is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office, specifically proficiency in Excel is preferred
- Ability to handle stress and maintain professional composure, while managing and working on multiple request and projects simultaneously
- Possesses creative problem-solving skills and pays strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organizational, verbal/written communication, project coordination, and leadership skills
- Demonstrates initiative; has the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- An innovator: Constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience
- The base salary for this role is $50k annually with opportunity for variable based on performance and an expected OTE of $70k – $80k. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work within the U.S.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.