What you will do
As the Global Payroll Manager at Timescale, you will oversee and supervise Timescale’s domestic and international payroll functions, ensuring pay and employee benefits are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. You will also work closely with the Financial Operations Team to design and implement new processes.
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement.To better coordinate with their teams, the preferred candidate for this role will have working hours within 1 hour of the EST timezone.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop systems to process payroll transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third party payments).
- Assist the Controller in processing monthly international payments.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Work with the Controller to calculate and update any accruals for non-standard payments.
- Perform payroll reconciliations on a semi-monthly basis.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Collaborate with People Team regarding any changes to employees’ status (salary changes, new hires, terminations, promotions).
- Document and improve payroll processes.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
A little bit about you
Our ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills. Your goal will be to ensure our payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and current. You aren’t afraid to speak up and identify problem areas or share your ideas, and you want to be a part of the solution! You thrive in a bold startup environment and can balance competing priorities with ease.
You also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ professional experience calculating and processing payroll.
- Prior experience with HR/Payroll ERP, time and general ledger systems required.
- Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative, and responsible.
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability and experience working as a member of a team.
- Passion for serving developers and for working at a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (primarily with Excel), Google Suite (primarily with Sheets) and willingness to experiment and work with new technologies.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (time-series data) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us .
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets , sweating it out during lunch , talking about your kids, whether they be actual children , potted plants , or four-legged creatures ? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)