Online Math – Algebra I Tutor
Location: US National – Remote
Choose Your Hours (PT)
Littera Education is looking for virtual Math and Algebra I tutors to join our tutor team! Availability for at least one full hour (the same hour) on at least two weekdays (the same days) from week to week is preferred.
Do you enjoy supporting students and developing their understanding of math concepts?
Are you interested in providing the high-quality tutoring support students need?
Once you are matched to students and assigned a schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to build a strong tutor:student relationship.
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- Choose your subjects, levels, and calendar availability.
- Complete curriculum reviews for the lesson content you would like to use in sessions.
- Tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting.
- Build relationships with students located across the United States.
- Review provided lesson content materials
- Impact a student’s learning experience!
- Tutor Manager at Paper Education
- Senior Corporate Paralegal at Podium Corp Inc.
- Paralegal at Invisible Technologies
- Senior Paralegal – Group Variable Annuity at Voya Financial
- Registry Coordinator at Verra
- Relevant experience working with school-age learners in some capacity.
- Relatively consistent calendar ongoing availability that will support a session series from week to week at the same time with the same student(s) in this Littera high-impact tutoring program.
- A confident knowledge of at least one of the following: algebra I, algebra II, geometry, or pre-algebra.
- Ability to effectively instruct and engage students with clear communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high comfort level with online virtual tools and technology.
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser, a video camera, a reliable/stable internet connection. We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection and a noise canceling headset with microphone
- You must reside in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but college students are welcome to apply with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Note that Littera is a Google company. If offered employment, you will be asked to provide, or set up, a gmail account to help ensure access to all documents and materials.