Market Research Contractor
Remote work / Telecommute
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don’t sweat the requirements lists too much! It’s important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you’d be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
- Staff Scheduler at American Red Cross
- Data Scientist, Analytics at Calm.com
- QA Expert at Paramo Technologies
- Security Engineer at Abarca Health
- Nursing Content Developer at Kaplan
Brilliant is seeking a Market Research Contractor to help us better understand our audience, competitors and the broader education and technology markets. Your insights will help shape strategic directions and set the foundation for our evaluation of new business opportunities.
In this role, you will work closely with our Director of Operations, Alice Tang, and have the opportunity to collaborate with product, marketing, content and other teams across Brilliant. You will be joining a passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to make a meaningful impact on the world.
This role requires a weekly time commitment of 15 to 25 hours per week, including at least 10 overlapping work hours with the San Francisco-based team each week.
- Your primary responsibility is performing competitor and market research and develop insights to help inform strategic decisions at the company. Some potential projects could be:
- Researching lifecycle and SEO strategies adopted by top consumer tech companies and compiling best practices
- Exploring the education credentialing market, including market demand and supply and key recent trends
- Keeping up-to-date market intelligence on main competitors and offerings
- Strong business acumen with ability to apply structured thinking to key business questions and drive towards insights quickly
- Outstanding research, analysis, written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A curious mind!
- Note: we welcome candidates who are currently enrolled in a relevant graduate program.
- Hourly rate ranges between $40-$60 per hour