Title: Legal Operations Manager
Location: Remote – United States
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to be Reddit’s first legal operations hire. As legal operations manager, you’ll set the strategy for the legal team’s workflows, build out our operations infrastructure, and ensure the legal team is operating efficiently.
If you get excited about legal process and scaling and want the opportunity to build out a legal practice area in a team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
- Data Entry Associate at ExamWorks
- Marketing Operations Manager at Mavan Group Inc
- People Operations Specialist at Time Doctor
- Associate Director of Product Design at Peerspace
- Senior HR Generalist at SOFTGAMES
What You’ll Do:
- Set the strategy, create and maintain processes to improve the legal team’s efficiency and effectiveness, setting the legal team up for sustained success in support of Reddit’s continued growth.
- Advise, implement and maintain legal workflows and documentation, leveraging in-house and vendor technology, particularly in the litigation and commercial transactions areas
- Manage budget for Reddit’s legal team and vendor management for Reddit’s outside counsel and legal contingent workers; Lead outside counsel engagement process
- Facilitate quarterly objective and key results process to track team priorities and ensure follow through; provide regular reporting on metrics and workflows
- Implement a scalable program to ensure documentation of key legal-related efforts
- Support and manage special projects that make the legal team more efficient
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in legal operations and/or business operations
- Deep understanding of the core concepts of legal operations and the responsibilities and opportunities for legal operations to work within a fast-paced and growing business
- Background in implementing and maintaining commercial contracting software and processes at a high-growth or public company; Ironclad CMS experience preferred
- Outside counsel, docket and matter management experience (Simple Legal preferred)
- Proven ability facilitating OKRs and comfort with analyzing and organizing data, creating dashboards, and dealing with technical requirements
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence and other team effectiveness platforms; Not afraid to dig in and build out processes to make legal teams more effective
- Strong self starter; ability to excel and drive change in a dynamic, fast-paced distributed environment
- Effective collaborator with peers and cross-functional stakeholders to implement strategic initiatives
- Strong analytical skills to assess the root cause of the problem and drive toward an appropriate solution
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Connection to our mission of bringing community and belonging and empowerment to everyone in the world
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 – $275,300
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.