The Chalmers University of Technology is seeking high-performing aspirants to participate in the International PhD Student Positions in Information-theoretic Generalization Bounds in Sweden. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
This scholarship programme is open to students from all around the world who want to pursue a PhD degree at the university. The student position is designed for the academic year 2022-2023.
Worthy offer for international students to complete your degree in Sweden.
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university with a research and educational emphasis on technology, the natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, seafaring, and other management-related fields. It is ranked 342nd in Best Global Universities for its efforts to produce and disseminate knowledge, abilities, and solutions that benefit everyone.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? The goal of Chalmers University of Technology is to create and disseminate knowledge, abilities, and solutions that are advantageous to everyone. Chalmers teaches its pupils how to think for themselves and use engineering principles to solve problems in the future.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 16 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: Department of Electrical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Information-theoretic Generalization Bounds offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must have (or be close to obtain) a master’s level degree corresponding to at least 240 higher education credits. You should have a strong background in mathematics and machine learning and high grades in the core courses within these two subjects. Knowledge of information theory is meritorious.
- The ideal candidates for this position have a strong interest in pursuing theoretical research, are curious, creative, and independent, are able to present their ideas and findings effectively, and like to work in a collaborative international environment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an admission application via the univeristyadmissions portal. Applications for the position can be made online.
- Supporting Documents: Claimants may be asked to attach the following documents:
- CV: (Please name the document: CV, Family name, Ref. number)
- Personal letter: (Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
2 pages where you can explain:
- Why you wish to pursue a PhD position and why you are interested in this specific PhD position.
- Why you think you are the right candidate for this position?
- Your career goals.
- Copy of master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades, and English proficiency certificates, e.g., TOEFL test results.
- Admission Requirements: To qualify as a PhD student, you must have completed a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good verbal and written communication skills in English. If Swedish is not your native language.
The Chalmers University of Technology will provide a good salary package to successful candidates.
- PhD International Scholarships in Fight Food Waste CRC MSc by Research-Functional Food Ingredients, Australia
- PhD-Positions in the SNSF Project Time and Emotion in Medieval Japanese Literature at University of Zurich, Switzerland
- British Council Research Fellowships Programme in UK
- IT Team Leader Position at King’s College Taunton, UK
- International Postdoctoral Scholarships in Cognitive Robotics at University of Antwerp, Belgium