Title: Data Scientist, Analytics
Location: Remote, United States
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place. The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
About the Data Science Team
We are a team of insights specialists that focus on finding insights relevant to driving business outcomes across the Calm organization. For us, the business problem comes first (what are we trying to solve?) and the analysis follows (how do we best solve this problem?). Sometimes the solution is straight forward and sometimes it is highly complex, but in all cases we rely on data to drive our solutions.
As a Data Scientist you will be focused on leveraging our data to help prioritize product development, identify optimization opportunities, and automate data flows and analyses for key decision makers. In this role, your initial analytics efforts will be focused on guiding the product roadmap, to foster strong subscriber and user growth.
- QA Expert at Paramo Technologies
- Security Engineer at Abarca Health
- Nursing Content Developer at Kaplan
- Account Supervisor at Precision Medicine Group
- Senior Quality Engineer at Chegg
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to design and measure A/B tests that help us understand the impact of new feature releases
- Partner with product teams to perform deep-dive analysis to understand user engagement behavior
- Collaborate with partners across technical and non-technical teams to bridge the gap between data and action
- Help key-decision makers stay informed about the state of the business through internal data products built in tools like Amplitude, Tableau and Mode
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Calm to drive our team’s success
- 2+ years of analytics / data science experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Comfortable manipulating data with Python or R
- Experience designing and analyzing experiments
- BA/BS in quantitative field
- Ability to translate non-technical business requirements into technical solutions, and translate technical solutions to business outcomes
- Strong relationship management and presentation skills
- Pragmatic: balance scrappiness and rigor
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-wide Mental Health days off
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
The anticipated salary range for this position is $159,300 – $223,000. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calm’s salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidates skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.