Applications are invited for Czech Government Scholarships available for foreign nationals from developing countries to pursue bachelor/ master/ doctoral degree programme at public universities in the Czech Republic.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals. These are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Excellent opportunity for Foreign nationals from developing countries.
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport is the government ministry responsible for promoting and regulating education, youth, and sports development, in Cambodia. A limited number of scholarships are also offered to applicants from selected developing countries through UNESCO.
University or Organization: The Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport
Course Level: Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral degree program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Foreign nationals from developing countries
The program can be taken in the Czech Republic
Application Deadline: 30 September every year
- Czech Government Scholarships are available for foreign nationals from developing countries. A limited number of scholarships are also offered to applicants from selected developing countries through UNESCO.
- The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, a citizen of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, apply for a scholarship.
- These so-called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
- in Follow-up Master study programmes plus a one-year-long preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor’s degree programmes. They can enrol only in study programmes from the selected areas of study in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the university concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for a scholarship award;
- in Follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Scholarships for Developing Countries
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applicants shall fill in the electronic application form available on the website stated in Chapter 2 and successfully register (i.e. obtain an application identification number upon sending a completed application form to the pertinent authority electronically).
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently, the amount paid to students on a follow-up Master’s study program stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study program stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs.
- Costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic. Should health services exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover them at his/her own cost.
- Esport Scholarships at Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- UNS International Scholarships at Sebelas Maret University, Indonesia
- International PhD Student Positions in Information-theoretic Generalization Bounds, Sweden
- PhD International Scholarships in Fight Food Waste CRC MSc by Research-Functional Food Ingredients, Australia
- PhD-Positions in the SNSF Project Time and Emotion in Medieval Japanese Literature at University of Zurich, Switzerland