Associate Director of Product Design
PRODUCT & DESIGN
Peerspace is on a mission to bring people together to meet, create, and celebrate. Our online marketplace makes it easier than ever to find and book unique spaces for any activity.
As the world’s largest peer-to-peer marketplace for venue rental, Peerspace invites people to find, share, and book the most magical spaces in the world. Since 2014, our community has been opening the door to tens of thousands of spaces – from lofts and mansions to storefronts and studios – helping people to create one-of-a-kind experiences that would not be possible elsewhere. In total, over 8 million people have been welcomed into a Peerspace location, and we’re looking for teammates who want to help us reach the next 80 million.
- Senior HR Generalist at SOFTGAMES
- Senior UI, UX Engineer at Carta Healthcare
- Graphic Designer at Technovation
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute Sixsurgery Scholarship, 2023
- WorkSafeBC Research Training Awards at the University of British Columbia, Canada
At Peerspace, it’s our goal to make every space a source of inspiration and creativity for businesses and professionals across the world. We solve problems in the short-term real estate market which means we have to empathize with our guests and hosts to uncover unmet needs. Building a diverse design team that is capable of researching, collaborating, supporting, and creating engaging user experiences is key to executing our business strategy.
As the Associate Director of Design, you will lead the team that owns the design of the entire Peerspace ecosystem. You will also be the lead designer on at least one of our development pods. This is a critical position where you will have a direct impact on our customers and the overall trajectory of the business. You’ll own the end-to-end design direction and strategy for new users, guests, and hosts of our marketplace. You will establish a strong design culture within brand, marketing, and product development teams. Finally, you will continue to build out the design team at Peerspace as you hire and lead the next designers that join the company.
This role reports to the CPO.
- Ability to deliver strong design work while also coaching and mentoring other designers on your team
- Collaborate and communicate with designers, product managers, engineers, contractors as well as marketing and executive teams
- Establish best practices for our design process from ideation and research to shipping creative solutions to our product challenges
- Translate design decisions into style guides, patterns and reusable components for other teammates to use
- Contribute to and evangelize our product strategy
- Design solutions and concepts with wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished designs
- Help build a culture that promotes and values design throughout the organization
- Portfolio of relevant past work (please include this with your application) that demonstrates a strong track record of delivering high quality product design work
- 8+ years of design experience as an individual contributor or design manager
- Experience in designing across multiple platforms and responsive applications that can fit screen sizes for mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Experience hiring and mentoring a team of cross-functional designers
- Experience designing marketplace products is a bonus
The annual salary range for this role is $160,000-$190,000. The actual salary amount will vary depending on the applicants experience, skills and abilities as well as internal equity and market data.
- Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to 401k and FSA/HSA
- Medical coverage subsidized by Peerspace
- Dental, vision, and disability coverage provided at no cost
- Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
- $500 annual professional development allowance
- 20% discount on all Peerspace booking
We are a remote first company and offer the following perks to ensure our team members have a comfortable and productive working experience:
- Apple laptop, 4K display, and stipend to setup home office
- Monthly cell phone and internet credit
- Coworking membership (in lieu of home office)
- Quarterly in-person offsites and events for all team members (in Peerspace locations, of course)
Working At Peerspace
Peerspace is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work™ and we’re a remote first company with team members located in cities around the globe.
At Peerspace, we’re dedicated to creating a team that’s diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and take pride in their work. We believe bringing people together from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We’d especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences to apply.
Peerspace is a community marketplace that makes planning gatherings – starting with finding the perfect space – simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences at any price point. As a community marketplace, Peerspace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underused space and share it with an audience of millions.
The company’s investors include Foundation Capital, Structure Capital, Red Bridge Partners, and 31VENTURES.