1. You’re a new driver. Statistically, new drivers are more likely to get into accidents, which is why insurance companies charge them higher rates.
2. You don’t have any driving history. If you’re a new driver with no driving history, insurers will view you as a higher risk and charge you accordingly.
3. You’re a young driver. Drivers under the age of 25 are considered high-risk because they’re more likely to get into accidents than older drivers.
4. Your first quote may be expensive if you’ve had tickets or violations in the past or if your car is worth less than average.
5. Your credit score is bad. A poor credit score means you’ll pay more for car insurance because it’s assumed that your risk of having an accident has increased due to irresponsible behavior (like not paying bills on time).
And though many people believe their credit score doesn’t affect their car insurance rate, this couldn’t be further from the truth. It does matter! When looking for affordable car insurance quotes, it’s important to remember these five factors.
That way you can find the best deal out there so you can save money without compromising quality coverage. Remember, auto insurance is mandatory in all 50 states. The only question is how much do you want to spend? With the amount of cars on the road today, accidents happen more often than ever before. With safety in mind, make sure you buy the right type of car insurance coverage – both for yourself and for other drivers on the road – to help avoid costly damages.
Make sure you read your policy carefully before signing up; each company offers different discounts based on what type of plan you choose (e.g., one might cover deductibles while another offers lower premiums) and/or where you live. Get multiple quotes to compare prices, features, and offerings. Most importantly: never sign up for a policy without fully understanding the terms of coverage offered by the provider.
Getting cheap car insurance just isn’t worth it if you don’t know what you’re getting. So do your research and know what you need! Read reviews and look at photos of each location before deciding. Consider whether you want to purchase less coverage or full coverage. Either way, protect yourself from being held liable for injuries sustained by someone else.
At the end of the day, price tags are irrelevant when it comes to protecting your vehicle. Investing in quality coverage will help you avoid risks like expensive repairs and injury liability, which could cost thousands. Though most people think the cost of car insurance is simply determined by a person’s zip code, it actually depends on a number of factors, including age, driving experience, marital status, the value of your vehicle and more. Be proactive about finding affordable car insurance now! As mentioned, a car is a necessity in modern society.
Not to mention, it’s become more of a luxury. Yet the cost of car insurance is still skyrocketing. The key to finding the best deals for you and your family is to shop around and explore your options. Compare providers and see what’s available. Find out who has the cheapest prices and then go from there! One last thing: always read your contract before signing on the dotted line. Understand what you’re buying and, if possible, get a printout of the agreement.
Printouts come in handy in case you forget to take your paperwork home and need to refer back to it later. Also, don’t forget to ask for a copy of your credit report before choosing your car insurance! Credit reports are free from the three major credit bureaus and will show you if there are any discrepancies or negative marks on your record that would adversely affect the cost of your coverage.